rumored ultra-portable's SSD... i hope its easily changeable

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by isaack, Jan 8, 2008.

1. isaack macrumors newbie

I've been wanting to buy my next mac for a while now and if we do end up getting the ultra portable macbook/pro on january 15th, I'm pretty sure it'll be the one. i don't care if it doesn't have an optical drive, i don't care much for all this talk about touch-screens and i don't care about bluray or hddvd (there's always external drives). however i would like to believe that the ssd will be easily user upgraded without voiding the warranty. i think thats a real flaw with the current macbook pros, and with the stock memory rumored to be so low (around 64gb?) it would be unfair to not allow customers to take advantage of improving tech. do you think the ssd will be easily changed? i know this is all speculative, but i really want to love whatever they release.

thanks in advance.

Isaack :apple:

2. mac4drew macrumors regular

mac4drew

Yeah actually upgrading your HDD in a macbook pro doesn't void the warranty as long as it's done by an Apple Authorized Service technician, you just have to switch it back to the original if you send it into apple for warranty repairs.

So I'm guessing it would be the same deal as long as the SSD is upgradeable and not soldered to the Logic Board.

3. Billy Bob macrumors regular

Ya so the apple technician can make you pay through the nose

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

one would hope that its easily changeable, but who knows.

its one of the best things about the macbooks though imo.