Rumors on new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Garbag3man117, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Garbag3man117 macrumors member

Garbag3man117

Hi, all. I've decided to finally make the switch from my 14-inch eMachines laptop (w/ Intel Celeron 900 single-core 2.20GHz & integrated graphics) to a new MacBook Pro. However, I've been waiting until the new one comes out. What are the rumors for this?

I really want retina display, and Ivy Bridge would be nice too. I read at RedmondPie that a new one is supposed to be released in Q2, which we're in, right? I'd like to hear the rumors. Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. mfuchs88 macrumors 6502

There's a whole thread dedicated to this topic. I would link you but im on my phone. I believe its right on the macbook pro front page.

4. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Check the buyers guide. Product is mid cycle. Retina display is probably gonna come. But there has been (as far as I know) no signs of these displays being really produced at the moment. Personally I think it will take at least a year before we're gonna see Retina displays on macs.

5. lamboman macrumors 6502

The retina display will come, but I personally doubt very much that it will come with the next update. I'd say that it is a possibility for the generation after, roughly a year and a half from now.

Buying now completely depends on whether or not you are desperate for a new system. Either way, you're looking around June or July time for these systems to be released.