Rumours about a 14" MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LudwigZildjian, Mar 15, 2015.

1. LudwigZildjian macrumors member

Hey, I was wondering why I kee seeing rumours about a possible 14" MacBook Pro? Is this something in the works or just a thought?

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

3. LudwigZildjian thread starter macrumors member

No kidding.... I don't get it... What's the point in all the different size notebooks?

4. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Because you can't just have one size to rule them all! Didn't anybody learn ANYTHING from Dark Lord Sauron's mistakes?!

You start down that road, and then pretty soon you will have all sorts of discord. The Dwarves will go all hermit, the Elves will run away to the forest to sulk, and the Humans will strut around like they own everything. (Nobody cares about the Hobbits ... filthy little buggers anyway, with those hairy feet and all.)

BTW, it's one of several theory's making its way through the forums. Another is that there will be a 16" MBP in the same footprint of the existing 15". Maybe that will help ease the "suffering" of the 17" camp.

5. LudwigZildjian thread starter macrumors member

I think I just threw up a little.... Not at you, but the fact that there's talk of 16".... Shaking my head in disbelief....

6. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Well, a variation of that theory is that the 16" will replace the 15", and the 14" will replace the 13". So, the same number of sizes will remain after the dust settles ... again, in theory.

7. LudwigZildjian thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I assumed that, I just don't get the need to change those sizes....

8. numberfour macrumors regular

numberfour

Maybe when they are able to remove the bezel around the screen (as dell) they are able to fit 1 extra inch of screen real estate into the same sized computers?