Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billytheking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
First of all my name's Billy. Im trying to figure out how to run two webcams at the same time on my imac. Im running mountain lion osx 10.8. Im using this cool application called icam(http://skjm.com/icam/) to keep an eye on my bedroom which is why i want to run two webcams.

FYI, Ive experimented a little and it seems like i can run the built in isight on facetime and then when i try to run the additional webcam on photobooth it doesnt work.

I read somewhere that it is an issue with the usb bus?
(Whats the usb bus and can i change it???)
Any software/work arounds to be able to do it?

Last edited:

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
SecuritySpy

[EDIT]After reading some of the documentation for SecuritySpy they only recommend a single USB camera because the video from it is uncompressed and comes close to saturating the USB.

Last edited:

billytheking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
Solved

So i figured it out. For some weird reason the usb port that i had plugged my webcam into was showing the webcam but not able to play both. If you are facing your imac, and reach your hand around to the back of the iMac. I used the usb port to the right (if facing the imac from the rear its the far left) and it worked.

Thanks everybody

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.