Run a 40" hdTv with Macbook or PRO? NOOB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macron30, Jan 31, 2009.

1. macron30 macrumors newbie

Just getting ready to buy my first macbook or pro & I need it for music recording. It would be helpful to run 2 seperate monitors....to view both mixing & recording.

My friend runs his pc like this with a 40" samsung hdtv. I have seen some posts reguarding this. Is it possible on the macbook? I heard that conversiob box mac sells is crap? What about on a pro? Thanks :D

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Either Mini DVI-DVI-HDMI or DVI-HDMI or Mini DisplayPort-DVI-HDMI.

What conversion box? HDMI and DVI are the same thing, but HDMI has audio.

3. will-mitch-123 macrumors newbie

Don't forget!

One you have purchased the appropriate cables,
    make sure you put the display settings as mirror screen! otherwise it will not work! also you may have to change some settings on your tv to increase the screen size to 40"
    hope that helps!

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I do it all the time with my Sony Bravia 40" LCD and with a projector at least 3x a week. No problem, no adjusting of the settings, I just press F7 and "poof" it's fine. Just make sure you connect all your cables/wires then turn your MBP on, and you're good to go...:cool:

5. FunkTechNician macrumors member

what cable exactly do you use to go from the macbook pro to an hdmi tv? i want to hook it up to my 50inch elite kuro

6. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

DVI-HDMI from the Apple Store. Very simple and very easy to do. It should work great. I use mine with my 52 in LCD and the screen is great.

7. FunkTechNician macrumors member

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm using a standard audio visual 3 plug (red, white and yellow) with a jack that plugs into my MBP audio/out...

Attached Files:

9. eldy macrumors 6502

You should definitely use a digital connection (DVI or HDMI) on newer televisions to take advantage of the full resolution your panel offers.