Run Bootcamp or buy a separate windows pc?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BGBUXA, Jul 8, 2012.

1. BGBUXA macrumors member

Hey guys,

I am working on my Network Systems Admin degree. I was looking for some advice as far as what I should do. With this degree I am working in the windows environment. However I am torn between using bootcamp or buying another computer just for that purpose. I really don't want to put windows on my mac, because I just dont want to. What would you recommend?

2. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

Are you looking for someone to talk you into it? You've already answered your own question. If you really don't want to put Windows on your Mac, then your choice is very easy.

3. BGBUXA thread starter macrumors member

I see what you are saying but if your were in my shoes what would you do?

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

In that question, I would install via Virtual Machine if the performance allows it or use Boot Camp.

5. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

If I were in your shoes and had a distaste for installing Windows on my Mac, I would get a PC laptop to run Windows.

Since I have no objection to it, what I actually did was put an Optibay in my Macbook Pro, install Windows on the second hard drive, and then run it both through Boot Camp and through a VM.

6. BGBUXA thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the tips everyone I ended up going with bootcamp. It runs pretty smooth and very weird using windows on a Mac lol but it serves it's purpose. I ended up using 50gb to partition for windows and bought and external HD to put most of my files in. Very easy process!