Run .exe files on a bat file?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Ryukouki, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Ryukouki macrumors regular

Hi,

How can I get Macfanx64.exe to run at about 5700 RPM as a batch file? I hate having to go into the command prompt every singe time. What is the operations to get the batch file working?

2. marikavs macrumors member

Double click

I always had my batch files in Windows set to not run when you click (/double click) on them, but I believe that's all it takes. If not, a right-click and clicking on "run" should do it.

3. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Here's what I've done for my batch file

cd C:\Users\Granny\Downloads\MacFan <-- Used to change the directory to the folder that contains the files relating to MacFan.

MacFanx64 3000 <-- To run the MacFan program and set the fanspeed to 3000 RPM.

I have this file kept in the startup folder of my Start Menu so that it auto executes when I log into Windows.

4. marikavs macrumors member

Startup Folder

What Grannyville7989 suggests (uses) should work too.

5. thomaskc macrumors 6502

What macbook version is this needed for?

on my 2012 model I get the SMCfan settings across from OSX in bootcamp, I don't have to do any changes or install anything in win7, fans speed up and down exactly how I told them to in OSX. could be different for older models though?

6. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I'm using a mid-2009 MacBook Pro. I don't know anything about whether newer models have better fan control when running Windows. In my experience on my laptop, the default RPM of the fans when running Windows starts off at around 2000 but won't adjust to the tasks I'm doing, such as gaming.

It's only a minor problem now that I use MacFan to adjust the speed. However, I do find driver support for Windows on a Mac could be a log better. I'm considering on getting a Lenovo as my next laptop, as I seem to be using OS X a lot less than I usually do.