Run Keynote files on a PC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aperture, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I have to do a presentation and would prefer to make it in Keynote over PowerPoint. It must be presented on a PC and bringing my MBP isn't an option.

Is there a way to present Keynote files on a PC? Obviously, the answer is to export it to PPT or to a QT movie. I don't want to do the former because of losing animations, etc and the latter because you lose control of the presentation.

Anyway, I'm looking for an application that allows you to simply view a Keynote presentation on a PC, in all its glory. Don't need any editing abilities, just viewing.

Does anything like this exist? If not, I'll just use PPT.

2. feyn-man macrumors regular

Unfortunately, maybe you have to export it to PPT or PDF. That is why Keynote worth its price.

3. Jan1la macrumors newbie

Keynote Presentation on a PC

I know I'm late to the game on this thread but maybe someone else will stumble upon this topic and find the information useful.

We had a Keynote presentation that needed to be viewed by Muggles with their PCs and I had saved it as a Quicktime file and, while some could view it this way, not everyone with a PC has Quicktime.

Convert the Quicktime file to Flash.

This seemed to work for those who did not have Quicktime.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Nah, you'll have to export it I think. Because Microsoft Office is dominant they don't bother to make it possible to run other formats in MS office :(

IMO keynote is much more powerful and superior to powerpoint.