Run parallels on 13" MBP??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tkboss88, Dec 26, 2009.

1. tkboss88 macrumors member

hello guys, i was thinking about purchasing windows 7 and using it in parallels on my 13" mbp with 2gb ram 2.26ghz processor. i don't know if this is a good idea or not. will my computer become SLOOOOOW as hell? i need windows 7 so that i can use cs3 that i got as a gift... they bought the wrong version and no exchanges/ no refunds.

2. chill. macrumors 6502

buying cs3 mac version would be cheaper

what kind of place doesn't allow returns?

3. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Agree that I'd rather see you run CS3 natively. Odd that you can't return it - how about selling it? Running Parallels will not only cost you for the Parallels software, but also for the copy of Windows. No, it won't bog you down too badly (miracles of multi-core processors and virtualization), but it's far more resource intensive than running native.

4. gilljoy macrumors member

Have you opened it and have you been into the shop? Alot of places are quite reasonable if you dont kick up a fuss and just explain it was a gift and you've got a mac and this is the pc version, any chance of an exchange?

if not dont even bother getting windows 7 if all your going to use it for is photoshop. get a cheap oem copy of windows xp

5. bsa650 macrumors newbie

adobe offers cross platform upgrades, so for the same or little more then windows you can get the mac version. give them a call.

6. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

PS is not something I'd want to run in Parallels.

Would agree that polite but firm chat with the store manager would be the best course of action.

Failing that I would get a copy of XP SP2 and run it in Boot Camp.