Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicho

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
The 6.4 update to Runkeeper has borked my iPhone 6 battery life. In the last 24 hours it has had 10.3hours of background activity apparently and used 35% of my battery. Battery fully discharged from leaving charger at 10.30 to 0% at 4.30 pm (6 hours!)

This is far worse than usual, ie before the app updated two days ago.

I use Runkeeper pocket track but their faq says it will not affect battery life. I think they broke it. Has anyone else had the same experience?

nicho

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
I'll add I just checked my standby and usage. 7h 8 minutes of usage on 8h 2m of standby time...

favomodo

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2015
The 6.4 update to Runkeeper has borked my iPhone 6 battery life. In the last 24 hours it has had 10.3hours of background activity apparently and used 35% of my battery. Battery fully discharged from leaving charger at 10.30 to 0% at 4.30 pm (6 hours!)

This is far worse than usual, ie before the app updated two days ago.

I use Runkeeper pocket track but their faq says it will not affect battery life. I think they broke it. Has anyone else had the same experience?

I have the same problem on several devices. It's really draining the battery! 75% over last 24 hours for background location on one device. Not usable at all anymore. Hope they fix this soon!

favomodo

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2015
I contacted them via twitter and it's an acknowledge problem. Fixed in next update. Until then change tjhe location setting to 'in use' instead of 'always', is what they advised.

nicho

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
I contacted them via twitter and it's an acknowledge problem. Fixed in next update. Until then change tjhe location setting to 'in use' instead of 'always', is what they advised.

hmmm wouldn't that affect GPS tracking of, say, a run if i lock the phone?

i'm tempted to just disable the pocket tracking. or is the problem something else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.