RunKeeper (GPS) + A2DP + Music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by a27, Jul 18, 2009.

1. a27 macrumors regular

Hey people,
    I currently own a 2G iPhone.
    In addition to this,I'm currently testing out a HTC Magic to meet my specific requirement but am also considering upgrading to the 3G iPhone.

I participate in long distance runs and I like to have my music playing when I'm out running.
    I usually do this with the Motorola HT820 headset.
    I'm also interested in tracking my runs live with applications like RunKeeper (or alternatives). I understand that these applications are more accurate with the GPS.

Therefore, I would like to know if anyone has tried using the GPS and A2DP with music together and whether the 3G iPhone is capable of handling the load. The HTC Magic does this but it does struggle and the music drops out intermittently.

Thank you!

2. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

It is supposed to be fixed in 3.1 but if you use GPS with a bluetooth headset, you will get pauses like a CD skipping. It has happened with Nike+ and RunKeeper.

I'm using MotionX-GPS right now and just sticking with my wired headset until the issue is fixed.

3. a27 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you know when 3.1 will be out?

4. Acronym macrumors 68000

no one knows for sure but i have read on here that x.X firmware updates come out on tuesdays and in 2 week interverals or something to that nature.

but dont quote me on it

5. a27 thread starter macrumors regular

I got the 3G iPhone yesterday.
    I tried using RunKeeper with a podcast playing. At first, there was some skipping and then the audio stopped altogether.