Runner up in video contest!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Macpropro80, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, the CT dmv had a contest for high school students from all over CT to make 30 second psa's on a certain topic. I entered the contest and got runner up. You can see my video by clicking on the link below. And then scrolling down and clicking on Greenwich High School- Vincent Rappa

http://www.ct.gov/teendriving/cwp/view.asp?Q=425144&A=3617

Its in Windows media player format so the quality sucks, sorry, I submitted it in 1080P.

Enjoys.

P.s. I should have won! :D

2. bimmzy macrumors regular

bimmzy

Very nice

I'd even go as far as saying it was the better video than the winner, and technically more advanced too.

well done :D

3. xStep macrumors 68000

Kudos. I did like your video better than the 1st place one. I think that one won because it is so traditional.

In yours I especially liked where the guy stops to cross out the speed limit sign and them zoooms down the hallway. The effect in the turn was great too.

Well done.

4. Macpropro80 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats not mine lol, mine is the black and white one about street racing. :)

5. xStep macrumors 68000

I just watched that too. Great job!

6. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

The first place one was funny, but the Ridgefield high one was the best in my opinion. Yours was good too OP...the only thing is I would've developed it more-like showed a scene of flashing lights or an ambulance and some wrecked cars at the end. I didn't know you were talking about street racing until the text came up. I thought yours was better than the 1st place one. I'm surprised that one video got 3rd though. That was horrible.

Good job though-yours was great for a high schooler. I learned a lot watching the vids too. The stop motion one was ok, but I didn't think it should've been in the top 3.

7. Macpropro80 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, The reason we didn't do head lights or anything special is because I can't drive yet so it would look kind of strange. (kind of ironic, I can't drive but I make a PSA telling people how to drive)

Thanks for watching!

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I agree, the third place winner was actually probably the best. The 2nd place is better than the winner's but it could have had a bit more emphasis. I was unsure what the point was until I was told. The other two were clearly identified somehow. Either way, technically the 2nd place is best but in terms of conveying a message, the third place winner did it best.

9. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Man, I have to say, your video looked way more proffesional. I liked the black white theme, and the letter theme you used (unlike the 3rd video which I didn't like because I really hated the brown colour. Should it look vintage or something, because they didn't not succeed in that.) The second video was very creative and very well made.

What I liked about your vid where the cool and nice stand of views, but if I where you I would make it more clear your racing by giving gas like in a start of race (like hum, hum, ieeee, you know giving gas, let go, giving gas, screaming tires). But for the rest, really great vid. Also the fact that it's widescreen makes it much more professional (for me altough, all channels in my country broadcast 16:9).

Keep on the good work.

p.s. what's with the winners last quote "be home at 11" It's really such a do good movie. I'm amazed it's not ending with: don't do drugs and brush your teeths before you go to bed.

10. Macpropro80 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone. I am kind of upset that they converted it to Windows media player and killed the quality. It went from around 300MB to around 6MB after compression :mad: No matter, Im still happy I was runner up.