Running 1.1.4 with BL3.9. Should I panic ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aneks, May 11, 2008.

1. aneks macrumors regular

Ok so I did a little reading and was told that the best way to upgrade my anySim 1.0.2 phone was via ziPhone. Worked fine all good. Now all I am hearing is how bad it is and how Bootloader 3.9 is the devil incarnate etc etc etc

BBinfo says I am running Bootloader version 3.9_M3S2. Can someone please explain to me :

I live in an area that does not have iPhones yet so no warranty is available to me regardless. Wi-Fi and evey other thing seems to work ok. I know there is this whole issue with Zibri and the way he released the software, credit for the hak etc.... but

is this a bad config and why ?

how to remedy it if required ?!

thanks.

2. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

What week is it? (4th and 5th number of serial number)

3. aneks thread starter macrumors regular

week 40. I got it last year before 1.1.2 was released.

4. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

That's fine, any iphones before week 45 came with 3.9 so you would have had it naturally. The BL never changes with firmware updates.

5. Midgetinabikini macrumors regular

nothing to worry about, download pwang and upgrade to 4.6, never been that easy.
    and i think you can download from the installer BootNeuter too, so you wont have to reset everything.

6. aneks thread starter macrumors regular

cool thanks for the replies. I guess I can keep it at 3.9 until something comes out which forces me to upgrade it ! Good to know that I can fix it with pwnage or bootnueter.

7. spinstorm macrumors 65816

You didn't read everything as if you had you would see that Ziphone is dangerous and could have broken your phone.

But luckily for you it seens ok - although ziphone can cause phones to break after a few weeks you won't know if that will happen to you until its too late.

Everyone should use iLiberty.

As for your question - if you don't and can't take the phone for warranty then 3.9 bootloader is fine.

8. aneks thread starter macrumors regular

How can anyone read everything ?! I am semi-competent with things relating to tech and phones and well, lets just say things slip through the mesh once in a while.

If I restore to 1.1.4 and then use iLiberty, given that I will not be ticking the downgrade to 3.9fakeBlank, is there really gonna be much benefit for me ?

also it seems that telco's have begun to announce iPhones in this region, so when they come I guess I wanna keep current with firmwares and so on. I am guessing that I will have to do some kinda crazy new thing to get firmware 2.0 on this phone right ?