Running a Boot Camp partition via VMware Fusion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fireant202, Aug 30, 2007.

1. fireant202 macrumors newbie

fireant202

I want to install windows xp on my computer (the latest 15" MBP) but for I want to be able to boot into XP as well as run it virtually. I first tried this with parallels which worked but wasn't all too great. I had much more success virtualizing with VMware so I decided to start from scratch using boot camp and then using VMware to run virtual when need be. However, for some reason, whenever I attempt to run the partition using VMware it gives me a "failed to connect to peer process" message.

I've tried installing XP as both a Fat32 and NTSC format and neither works. If anyone has had success with VMware-Boot Camp integration please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

2. macfaninpdx macrumors regular

I had my XP installed through Boot Camp before I purchased and installed Fusion. But when I set up Fusion for the first time, it was able to correctly mount my Boot camp partition and launch.

So I don't have a solution for you exactly, but a quick search on the vmware forums came up with these:
    link link

Both seem to be fixed by re-installing. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Um, just corrected that for you. :)

4. pdxdude macrumors newbie

I've been working with a demo for a couple weeks and it's been working great, and then just today I got the same message. Just curious, are you running the demo version of vmware? I checked my demo license and it hasn't expired yet, but I'm suspicious that the "failed to connect" is related to the demo somehow. I dunno, seems odd.

5. fireant202 thread starter macrumors newbie

fireant202

No, no demo. I have the full version...I think I'll try reinstalling the software and see if that does it. Thanks for the correction, I got confused with the video format.

6. fireant202 thread starter macrumors newbie

fireant202

ok tnx for all your responses but its working now!