Running a city building game with MBP 15" 2017?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hayden Kim, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Hayden Kim, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017

Hayden Kim macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!
    Hope all of you are having a wonderful day!

I know it sounds somewhat childish to someone,
    and one main reason why I try to choose MBP 15" 2017 over MBP 13" 2017 is to play several games with a dedicated graphic card in it.
    I am actually into all city building games especially 'Cities Skylines' and 'Transport Fever'.
    I am not greedy, so I would be perfectly satisfied only if these two games are playable at MBP 15" 2017 with Radeon Pro 560.
    High resolution? I already gave up that. haha. 1920*1080 resolution with medium setting would be fine.

I have searched at google and youtube for that,
    but almost reviewers checked a playability based on early stage of scenario, in case of Cities Skylines,
    and really few reviews for Transport Fever.

Those kinds of games give a more burden on CPU and GPU as playing time gets longer and longer,
    so I would like to know if MBP 15" 2017 can manage the burden even when the size of city hits 100,000 population or more.

Please give me a helpful comment regarding that.
    I don't want to buy two computers, MBP 13" and a window desktop at the same time, so I really hope your answer will be positive :D

Always wish your happiness!
    Thanks!

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

I can even play similar games on my iPad. Guess there are Mac versions too,look in Mac AppStore.

3. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502a

It should work fine. My 15" 2016 MBP with 460 runs CIV VI just fine. I'm sure that is more graphics intense than cities skyline.