Running an .exe

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by noodlyappendage, Jan 3, 2012.

1. noodlyappendage macrumors newbie

I have tried everything I can think of. Wineskin, WineBottler, CrossOver, none of them have worked. Wineskin always ends up with "No new executables found," WineBottler sometimes gets confused and sometimes makes the application, but everytime I try to run it, it shuts down after a couple seconds and just leaves X11 running, and whenever I do CrossOver, the bottle comes up empty.

2. wpotere Guest

Some simply can't be run. You may have to use a VM.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You need windows to run an exe If wine/crossover doesn't work.

install windows via bootcamp, parallels, or vmware. You'll then be able to execute the program you want.

4. noodlyappendage thread starter macrumors newbie

I know Bootcamp requires a reboot, but do either of the other ones require one? And its weird because it is a ridiculously simply .exe that just makes .png's so its weird that all the tutorials I watched worked with complex games.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not find a comparable OSX app?

with vmware and parallels you run a full windows environment virtualized inside of OSX - no reboot is needed.

6. wpotere Guest

VM's do not require a reboot.

Google: Virtual Machine

7. noodlyappendage thread starter macrumors newbie

Its a really small app that assists with a game made in Britain. And thanks! ^.^