Running app that announces

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Trebuin, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Currently I'm using run keeper because it integrates well with what I have and announces my pace over my headset.

I'm wanting to go away from bringing my phone on my run with me so the Apple Watch actually seems like a good idea now that it has a built in GPS. I can also pair it with my headset to play music stored on the phone, and it reads my heartrate, great!

The only downside is that I have not found an app that will announce what my current pace is on the watch only. I can see it if I look at it, but that annoys me in the middle of a run. Has anyone run across an app that does that yet?

2. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

I agree. I thought Nike would have made an app that runs independently from the phone and spoke. I am all about running with just the watch and headphones. I don't know why everyone is dragging their heels.

3. Trebuin, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016

Trebuin thread starter macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I sent a feature request to runkeeper, hoping they add it. I'll switch over to whoever gets it first, or sell my watch and go to an alternate if I have to carry my phone around everywhere.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2016 ---
    I guess this is more appropriately called audio cues