Running app with km split alerts

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Mathams, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Mathams macrumors newbie

Mathams

Hello everyone,

I'm desperate to find an app for AW2 which work standalone and give me KM alerts with vibration or sound. I do not want to bring my phone on the run.

Right now I uses Runkeeper which has very basic splits but no alters which should be incredible simple feature.

Thanks

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

If you also want GPS support you are rather limited. NRC+ will give voice alerts for milage/kilometer splits. Not sure about vibration.

3. Mathams thread starter macrumors newbie

Mathams

The watch reads out the splits? That will do if this is the case. Thx

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

If you mean will it show the distance on the screen, then yes. However it is there all the time and not a notification type when you hit a mile or kilometer. You do know that the Workout: Run app will also display the distance and also gives haptic feedback on the mile/kilometer.

5. Mathams thread starter macrumors newbie

Mathams

Just trying to make sure I understand it. The standard watch app will give haptic feedback at km/mile marks?

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Yes, Workout: Run gives haptic on each mile (and I assume kilometer if set to metric) and the screen will change to show the mile number completed.

7. Mathams thread starter macrumors newbie

Mathams

Perfect. Thank you so much

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Oddly/actually went for a run this morning and when I got a mile marker haptic/tap I thought about taking a screen shot of the mile 'notification' screen anticipating you might ask. However I only got as far as thinking.:eek:

Do you have an :apple:Watch or are you asking in advance?

9. Mathams thread starter macrumors newbie

Mathams

Yes I got the AW2.

I just did a run as well. Didn't feel the haptic at the km mark but I did think I heard a faint sound so I will ensure sound turned up to the max next time.

Next I hoped one of the apps could let you run against your previous time and quote how much you are in front or behind.

10. dallison13 macrumors regular

Workout App does this. The Motifit app allows you to customize your haptic or audio alerts for km and HR zones. Nike gives you audio alerts as well as Runkeeper too.