running applications directly from a memory stick

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by oldmanflabby, Feb 18, 2009.

1. oldmanflabby macrumors newbie

hi, i as just wondering if it would be possible to run a game off of a USB memory stick. the game is approximately 600mb and very old (fallout 2 for mac), and i have very little computer knowledge. i'm used to PCs, but even then i'm no whiz.

i absolutely cant install the game to my hard drive, as my flat-mate, who owns the computer is very touchy about me installing things or using memory.

thanks allot, OMF:)

p.s., I'm in the UK.

2. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I see no reason why not. I run Call of Duty 2, Unreal Tournament 2003, and Windows XP under Parallels from external drives without any issues.

3. oldmanflabby thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't want to run a windows OS and then run a windows game, it's a mac game i'd like to run directly from a memory stick (or from a program running on my memory stick, if thats possible) , and i don't want to install anything to my computer hard drive (which i'm not sure if you can do with Parallels).

4. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I run the native Mac versions from an external harddrive. I also run Parallels from an external. All three programs run just fine from the external... the games run from a Firewire 400 drive, and Windows from a USB drive, so I think a flash memory stick would be just fine.