Running apps....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tl01, Sep 16, 2016.

1. tl01 macrumors 68000

Besides the stock app, do any running apps use the Apple Watch heart monitor to display your heart rate?

2. avkam macrumors member

3. dmanthony1 macrumors newbie

dmanthony1

I second Runtastic. It also does a lot more than just run logging if you do more than just running. I have been using it and it is great.

4. frumpy16 macrumors 6502a

frumpy16

It's a new API so I'm sure they all will in due time. Nike will for sure and I'd bet on all the other biggies as well. I'm on the beta program for iSmoothRun and know for fact he's implementing HR right now (BTW, iSmoothRun is the best app).
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2016 ---
    This doesn't track running, just your HR.

5. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I thought most of the majors have done this since just after OS2: Runkeeper, Strava, MapMyRUn, Runtastic, iSmoothRun, etc. I have not used RK in months, but it did HR way back when.

6. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well...apple fixed part of my issue in their own app. Finally heart rate, pace, time, and distance all available at a glance!

7. Bob190 macrumors 6502

Agreed .. I like the native workout app too. Unfortunately the fact that it holds your data captive on the phone is a deal breaker. RunGap gets you part of the way .. but won't allow you to export map and elevation data. Since pretty much every running/cycling site accepts a common format (.tcx) I dont understand why Apple didn't build an export capability into the activity app.

8. tivoboy macrumors 68030

Cardiogram is nice, I just wish it didn't lot all the tracked sessions as workouts and flow into activity. I just wanted to try my HR for some specific tasks, etc., and all those hours show up as workouts in activity.