Running Compressor via Apple Remote Desktop Problems

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by decryption, Aug 7, 2007.

1. decryption macrumors newbie

decryption

I'm attempting to install Compressor on an Intel XServe, but have hit a snag.

I have installed Compressor successfully on the XServe from the Final Cut Studio disc image I have stored on the XServe. I am doing it remotely via ARD (not the package push, just controlling the desktop and installing that way), as our XServe is in a datacentre that I can't easily get access to. When I attempted to load up the Final Cut Studio installer, it gave me this message:

[​IMG]

I worked around it by removing "minsys.plist" from the package. Once I did that Compressor and Qmaster were installed fine.

The problem is when I load up Compressor (controlling the XServe via Remote Desktop), this message pops up:

[​IMG]

I attempted to remove the minsys.plist file from the Compressor app, but with no luck. If I remove it, it halts (but doesn't crash) on the Compressor splash screen. If I edit minsys.plist with the variables for VRAM and Quartz Extreme to 0MB and NO respectivley, it also halts on the splash screen.

Would anyone have any advice on how I should go about getting Compressor to launch?

The XServe's specs are:
    - 2x 2.66GHz Dual Core Xeon
    - 4GB RAM
    - 3x 80GB SATA HDD
    - 64MB ATI Radeon X1300 PCI Express

I am using OS X Server 10.4.10 and Final Cut Studio 2, with all the updates installed (Compressor 3.0.1 and the Pro App support updates).

2. sheep64 macrumors newbie

Hi there I had the same problem like you with my Mac Mini. i couldn't run compressor oder time machine because missing VGA Display. I found a solution for my MacMini. I connected a DVI-> Video adapter without extrernal TV. So the Mini thinks there´s a monitor connected and I can run Compressor on the Mini. It should be possible to connect a DVI-> Video adapter to a Xserve. Maybe there exist another cheaper dongle that simulates a connected Monitor. I hope this helps you with your problem. Sorry for my english.