Running/Cycling Apps???

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bikedogrun, Feb 7, 2011.

1. bikedogrun macrumors member

bikedogrun

Using RunKeeper, which works pretty well. One thing I wish it could do is to "Pause" its minutes per mile pace tracking.

When Road or Mtn Biking, there are times when one stops for a "bio break" or to peel off a clothing layer. Other than pulling out the iphone while I'm all sweaty to stop and then again to start... are there any other similar apps that recognize when you stop and pause the event tracking?

A few months ago I used an Android phone for a short time and had an app called "Cardio Trainer" than would recognize when you stopped and automatically pause its tracking. This was the only app/thing about android that I found to be "superior".

Anything similar on IOS? I've been searching/trying out and will continue to look but would appreciate your suggestions...

/BD :cool:

2. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

Cyclemeter and Kinetic both have a auto pause option

3. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

i use cyclemeter for cycling. it works great.

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I was going to suggest (admittedly not a running/cycling specific app) [app]MotionX GPS[/app]. It looks like it has most of the more general tracking features of the other two.

5. bikedogrun thread starter macrumors member

bikedogrun

Thanks, all for the suggestion of Cyclemeter. I emailed their website and one of the founders actually wrote back in less than 30 minutes. Their app will do the "pause" function and looks like a great app.

I have purchased Cyclemeter and will try it out tomorrow (weather permitting) up here in the Mtns of Central Oregon.

Thanks again for your suggestions ...

/BD

6. unkn0wnsoldier macrumors regular

unkn0wnsoldier

7. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

I have cyclemeter and it is a great app, works real well. Kinetic was free a few days ago and will try that when I get the chance, to much snow here in NYC the last few weeks. :)

8. pbkiller macrumors regular

Another vote for Cyclemeter, worked perfectly...

9. gks macrumors 6502

I'm a runner, but I highly suggest getting one of the Garmin watches... WAYYYY better than anything you'll find on iOS. Much more accurate, you can upload the data to various websites and get indepth information and tracking.

Worth it in my opinion.

10. pbkiller macrumors regular

The Garmin Forerunner 305 has a good balance of price/features... Have to agree with gks, once you start using a Garmin, there's no turning back. I used to ride with Cyclemeter, but after I invested on a Garmin Edge, honestly can't ride without it!

11. harkal macrumors newbie

I would suggest miCoach. Very good application, packed with features.

12. bikedogrun thread starter macrumors member

bikedogrun

Finally got out today, Weds Feb 9th to test-drive Cyclemeter

Beautiful app, auto pausing worked perfectly and Cyclemeter is a joy to use. The data provided both in app and via email was thorough and comprehensive.

Bye Bye RunKeeper, you've been replaced on my IP4 home screen.

I strongly recommend Cyclemeter and thanks again to all those who responded to my thread ///

/BD :cool: