Running dual monitors on MBP - assistance needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by creativedogmedia, Jun 27, 2011.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Just got a MBP and bought the mini display to VGA adapter. I have two Dell 19" monitors that I was using with my laptop. I bought a VGA splitter and was hoping to be able to run both monitors off of the one adapter.

When I plug it in I can see the desktop area of my MBP but none of the icons on the screen...almost like it's zoomed in....can't figure out how to get the image up on the two screens. Ideally, I'd like to be able to open outlook on the left and a browser window on the right and move the mouse between the two...any suggestions? (I gotta say - the display on the MBP is sweet - I may consider picking up lots of extra room and canning the two monitors)

Thanks.

2. simsaladimbamba

Drag a window to the left or right out of the MBP's screen to see, that you have an extended desktop.
    System Preferences > Displays >> Arrangement is also worth taking a look.
    But for your purposes you might need to look into the DualHead2Go or some USB to VGA adapter.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It's not possible to run two displays with one adapter, they will simply display the same thing. Check system prefs for the res, that's probably why they look funny.