Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cypher3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
Hey everyone its me again. I do ask alot of questions? lol Anyway, Im connecting to a HD thats in my pc from my 'book, It connects fine and everything is fine there, but when i try to run movies off of it, VLC media player gives an error message saying my 'book isnt fast enough. Is there something im doing wrong?Btw im trying to do this wirelessly with my Airport extreme.

Thanks
Ryan

EDIT: With VLC the movies wont even load up unless i check the option to "treat as pipe" or something like that. But, with quicktime i was able to open .mpg files but not .avi. Is there any other way to get VLC to work with these files? if not does anybody know a good avi player besides VLC that will be able to play files off of the network driveat a good speed and good quality?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Cypher3 said:
Hey everyone its me again. I do ask alot of questions? lol Anyway, Im connecting to a HD thats in my pc from my 'book, It connects fine and everything is fine there, but when i try to run movies off of it, VLC media player gives an error message saying my 'book isnt fast enough. Is there something im doing wrong?Btw im trying to do this wirelessly with my Airport extreme.

Thanks
Ryan

EDIT: With VLC the movies wont even load up unless i check the option to "treat as pipe" or something like that. But, with quicktime i was able to open .mpg files but not .avi. Is there any other way to get VLC to work with these files? if not does anybody know a good avi player besides VLC that will be able to play files off of the network driveat a good speed and good quality?
Get the QuickTime DivX codec and the DivX codec from 3ivx. They will allow you to play DivX-encoded .avi files in the QuickTime player.

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
well..i can open the files on the network drive, ibook, AE, VLC..everything same as your case..but dont get any such messages...though movies dont play nicely..and i attribute it to not enough data transfer rate..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.