Running GM - can't download Lion from App store any more

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Stino, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Stino macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm running GM atm and wanted to do a clean install with the released version, so I purchased and downloaded Lion from the App Store, ran the installer to check if everything was ok (ok, this was stupid) and noticed that the installer file was deleted as soon as I clicked cancel.

I read several posts about changing the plist file in the ~/Library/../App Store folder but on Lion this is not present.

Using the option key to redownload is working neither. Any ideas how I can redownload to put it on a stick for a clean download? Or should I contact Apple on this one?

Thanks!

2. seong macrumors 65816

seong

If you are a developer, which I'm assuming you are, then you don't have to install the official release of the Lion. I don't know what you are planning to do with it, but you can download another copy from your developer account, just like how you downloaded the GM version through Apple's developer site.
    Then, find the InstallESD.dmg file, and then make a bootable DVD/USB/SD Card/HDD from it. That's how I did it.

3. Stino thread starter macrumors newbie