Running GTAIV on my MBP Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Essian, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Essian macrumors newbie

So I am curious about how well you guys think GTAIV will run on my 2009 15" Macbook Pro running Windows 7 bootcamp.

Here are my specs:

Windows 7 (64 bit) OS

Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT 256mb

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

I have asked in a lot of places and gotten a WIDE variety of answers, but I figure this is the place where people will actually KNOW what they are talking about. I want to be able to run on AT LEAST medium, (maybe even some on high I pray) with a steady FPS so it doesn't look like I am watching a picture show...

2. dark knight macrumors regular

i nearly have this laptop and have run GTA IV on windows xp though.
    2009 2.53 9600 512mb 4Gb RAM

really, you can get away with playing it on lower settings. if you start to try and use a moderate resolution its a grey area. the frame rate is about 25-35fps which feels just slow enough to be a bit annoying.

basically, you can play it, it works fine and looks pretty good, but if you don't like games that slow up during the fast pace stuff and stutter in general use i would think about playing it on something higher spec. i should imagine that windows 7 would slow things down further as it surely has higher overheads.

just my opinion

3. gullySn0wCat macrumors 6502

It has larger overheads, but is also much, much better at using the power your computer has. (to be expected from an OS that came from an era where 400MHz / 64 mb RAM was a fairly common rig)

4. RetepNamenots macrumors 6502

GTA IV on PC is really poorly optimised. My desktop struggles getting it about 30fps on decent settings, and NVIDIA's bootcamp drivers aren't know for their power...

5. john925 macrumors newbie

FPS/Lag Issues with GTA IV

I also have GTA IV for PC and im running bootcamp with Windows 7 on my MBP 15". My native resolution is 1440x900 and i have really bad lag issues if i try to run the game that high. I dont have issues with most other games, it just seems like its Rockstar games. I have the same issue with L.A. Noire. I have an Intel 3000 HD Graphics Chipset and AMD Radeon 6770M HD Graphics card also. Its an Intel Core i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHZ. 4GB of RAM. Usually i have to drop some setting and resolution to like 1280x720 or so. I can run FarCry 3 with virtually no issues so i dont know why i have problems with GTA IV. If anybody knows any tips or tricks, or if theres something im missing or overlooking, please let me know