running hot after update?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hoffmant, Aug 6, 2008.

1. hoffmant macrumors member

I installed the 2.0.1 update the other night when it was first made available. Since then, I've noticed that, after a few minutes use, both the screen and the back of the phone begin to fell fairly warm. If I'm browsing with Safari or playing a game for any extended period, it gets particularly noticeable. I had never noticed this before the update.

Anyone else notice this? There's no Apple store anywhere near me, but should I contact them or AT&T about it?

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

you could try resetting the memory, the fans might not be running correctly....

3. ambhci macrumors newbie

Had same issue, made sure my email passwords were correct, turned off push, turned off bluetooth and works much better....

4. AndroidSUCKS macrumors newbie

I installed 2.0.1 the other day and now my iPhone is heating up after a few minutes of basic usage. My activities on the phone and the settings I use aren't different from what they were before installing 2.0.1.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Sounds like it's a bad power management bug...

6. AndroidSUCKS macrumors newbie

Anyway to revert back to 2.0.0 until apple decides to fix this?

7. Harpy007 macrumors regular

Sadly no :( we all have to wait for Apple to fix this in 2.1

8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

You can find the 2.0 firmware online, download it, and then click Restore in iTunes while holding down option (on a Mac) or shift (on a PC). However, you won't be able to restore from a backup because it'll have been created with 2.0.1 and iTunes doesn't let you use backups from newer versions on downgrades.

Wrong. What I explained above allows you to revert.