Running iOS 7 GM with iTunes 11.1 error - But am I ok?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jererermy, Sep 10, 2013.

1. jererermy macrumors newbie

Ok,

So i've read several threads on this and I there are some things I completely understand and don't need any clarification on. They are as follows:

- I understand that the GM requires iTunes 11.1 to have the ability to sync my iPhone 5.

- I understand, even though my iPhone is fully functional, I won't be able to access any of my iTunes software for synacing

- I understand iTunes 11.1 beta is available to developers (and am only a registered UDID) and not easily found otherwise.

- I understand how to and know the way to return to iOS 6 to fix this syncing problem

My Only Question:
    Will I be alright come September 18th?
    I want to keep iOS 7 for the time being, because I have gotten really used to it and love it to death, and I don't want to downgrade just to fix a syncing issue. Does anyone think/know if when iTunes 11.1 will be available that it will all of a sudden pick up my iPhone again to fix this syncing issue? I can easily return to 6.1.4 (shoot me in the face) if I absolutely need to, but I would rather just update iTunes later and keep ios 7. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I saw a lot of people whining/complaining/freaking-out about the iTunes error, but I didn't see anyone that was asking this question or thinking further than the next hour or so ahead.

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I am in the same exact situation as you.
    iTunes 11.1 will be available publicly on or before sept 18.

3. jererermy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea man, for sure.

Just hoping when that drops if we will be alright to just update iTunes, or if we will actually have to restore the iPhone for some reason, which I would hate to do since there is no way of backing up anything right now. (some minor things I don't keep on iCloud)

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

You won't have to restore. It's just not compatible yet.

5. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I just downloaded 11.1 beta 2 and I'm about to make the jump to GM now that I secured it.

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I'm on windows 7 so no beta for me. Going to wait for public release of iTunes 11.1

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Tell the wife now is a good time to upgrade to a Mac. :)

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I wish. I'm 16 lol. Macs are to expensive IMO. But I do want one.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

no relief there. I'm on a Macbook Pro and even beta 11.1 is giving me errors but it is working.

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I have iTunes Match, manage apps from my phone, and use Windows Explorer to copy pictures and videos to my hard drive so I took the iOS 7 plunge!

11. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I must have gotten lucky then. Good thing you got it working, though.

12. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

13. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Gotta do beta 2. Just did my iPhone 5 and its syncing and everything like a champ after a complete restore and configured as new phone.

14. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I grabbed whatever iTunes beta was on the iOS developer site. I may have quoted the wrong version in my reply. It does sync, it is setup and working but I do get some weird data feed error.

15. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

I just did an update instead of a restore. Everything is working fine on my iPhone 5 and iPad 2. And didn't have to go through the hassle of re-downloading apps and sorting folders again.

I just can't find any proof that updating from a beta without doing a full restore has any negative effects. :confused:

16. jererermy thread starter macrumors newbie

Then waiting till next week is no big deal! Thanks

17. Retina13 macrumors newbie

Recently upgraded my iPhone 4S (Verizon) from Beta 6 back down to 6.1.3 then up to iOS 7 GM.. iTunes also gave me the error. I downloaded iTunes 11.1 BETA 2 which took a minute and its working properly so far.

18. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I had heard about the music sync problems between iOS7 & iTunes 11.1b2. I accept it as a known bug in the beta and just waiting until the new iTunes public release but what's been weird is that my iPad Mini running iOS7 synced everything perfectly. But my iPhone 4S is have the sync problems. I tried deleting all my VM as another user said it worked for them but the iPhone is still not syncing all my music. So odd.

Same iTunes library/playlists. Both devices set up from scratch. Only the iPad is syncing properly. Anyone else have insight on this?

19. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Yep, I feel you buddy, I am 17 and I just want a macbook pro 2011 with quad core but in my country they are like 2300 dollars.

20. brothersage, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

brothersage macrumors newbie

So will the itunes update the various issues people are having? My best guess is that apple rolled out a completed ios7 but didn't work out all the bugs yet with itunes 11.1. I have itunes beta 2 running btw, and it seems to sync my music, but still gives me an error saying there's a data class error.

Also I can't back up to my computer, have to backup to the cloud with my 4s phone. It runs fine though, no problems in adding music, no lagging issues like others have reported. Just hoping all is well come the 18th.