Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cawesjmu

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2004
Richmond, VA
My parents also have a 800Mhz iMac and I'm also interested in getting Leopard on there so I can help them from afar through iChat or screen sharing. I have a iMac G5 and a MBP at my disposal. So I was hoping to take my MBP for thanksgiving, but I see that can't be done. The iMac is too big to transport for my purposes, so I was hoping I could put a copy or image onto my iPod and install from there. I saw the guide on the other thread about hacking the dmg, but I thought the iPod route would be easier. Does anyone know if that's doable or am I crazy? (Excluding licensing issues. that has been taken into account.)

xcuneytx

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
Hi, Leopard does run slower than Tiger at the moment but - and don't laugh here - the G4 only has 256Mb of RAM! I've just ordered 1Gb so that should make a difference.

Everything seems to work, although the menubar is not transparent. FrontRow opens but I have no way of controlling it; you may be able to with a Bluetooth phone?

I'll report back when the extra RAM arrives.

Phil

what type of videocard do you have in the iBook?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.