Running Leopard on PC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by applesith, Jan 21, 2008.

1. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

I know this sounds odd. My girlfriend wants to play around with Mac OS X, currently just for the Grapher application for calculus. Is it possible to install VMware Workstation on a Vista PC and then install Leopard as a virtual machine ? If this is not possible, are there any other ways to get Leopard to run on a PC?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Possible, but not easy as there is no driver support.

It is also against the license agreement.

Finally, it's against the rules of this forum.

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

What swiftaw is referring to is running Leopard on a PC without virtualization.

I don't know of a way to run it under virtualization, however if you searched this forum you'd find plenty of threads asking the same sort of questions, and although it's against the rules of the forums to discuss it as such, there are plenty of places to look. Google is your friend. :)

4. AussieSusan macrumors member

Googling "+vmware +efi" brought up the following:

http://forums.devshed.com/mac-help-118/mac-os-x-in-vmware-388160.html

"as for the exact reason it won't even see it as bootable, well that's because an Intel mac does not have a BIOS, it has EFI instead, VMware dose not support booting EFI (to my knowledge at least) so it can't boot OSX at all"

Susan

5. applesith thread starter macrumors 68030

applesith

Thanks for the input everyone. I did not know we were not allowed to discuss this.