Running mac over windows..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Amit Jain, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Amit Jain macrumors member

Hi All,

1.Can any suggest me for running leopard on windows using vmware player.
    what i think is I will make n image of leopard and vm ware player shud be able to run it but i have not tried yet if anyone has some ideas then please help me.

2.Or have any one used mac emulators for running mac over windows.

3.Lastly, if the abvoe works then can we do a proper development using Xcode IDE.

Note: This all iam doing is just for learning Cocoa and objective c by developing on Xcode until i get my Mac machine.

Regards...
    Amit Jain

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Windows virtual machine software does not officially support this, due to the fact that Apple won't allow it in their user agreement. That said, you MIGHT be able to make it work... but I do not know how.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

vmware fusion is to run windows on a Mac, not Mac on windows. In order to run OSx on a windows machine, you need a HAL for the EFI interface; the Mac does not have a BIOS; it uses EFI instead. There are software products part of osx86 project that allow OSx to be used on Windows machines, but the legality of this is open to question. It definitely doesn't run OSx under windows it runs OSx at the only OS on the windows machine.