Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
I know that microsoft makes a Mac version of the Office they have, if the Mac version is installed on a imac, will it be prone to viruses? Or hackers using that software to bust into our systems? :confused:

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I know that microsoft makes a Mac version of the Office they have, if the Mac version is installed on a imac, will it be prone to viruses? Or hackers using that software to bust into our systems? :confused:

Oh yeah, all over it.:rolleyes:

No. Microsoft is not evil, Microsoft does not equal to virus. Geez. Talking about discrimination.

Scannall

macrumors member
May 31, 2007

No, you will be fine. Viruses hit Windows, because of the OS. A long time ago there were some macro viruses that affected a few Office documents. But they are long gone.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
They never worked on Mac Office, anyway. They generally had Windows-specific code in them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.