Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iZeeshan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
I am using my first Mac - 2011 13" Base MBA.

I have absolutely no idea how to go about this. What are the fastest/easiest/best options to go about this.

I'll be happy to provide any information you guys require.

iZeeshan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
I have the new MBA so I have Lion. And obviously I don't have a CD Drive but I guess I could borrow my dad's iMac's, even though I don't know how to yet.

Also I can't decide if i should put it on a USB or install it on the computer. I only have 128gb. How much space would Windows take up anyway?

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
I have the new MBA so I have Lion. And obviously I don't have a CD Drive but I guess I could borrow my dad's iMac's, even though I don't know how to yet.

Also I can't decide if i should put it on a USB or install it on the computer. I only have 128gb. How much space would Windows take up anyway?

About 20gb for win 7 5gb for XP and if not wanting to dual boot then perhaps something like virtualbox to run both at the same time may be more what you want oh and as far as I know windows will not boot from usb unlike a mac.

iZeeshan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Okay no I don't want to use bootcamp. I want to be able to use them side by side occasionally just for a couple of games.

I think I use Parallels or VMWare for that right? But how do I go about it exactly...I have a Windows 7 CD and Key.

auto4d

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
To the best of my knowledge Parallels makes better use of your computers power. Just buy one of these (or trial) and follow the instructions, its pretty easy.

However if you decide you need everything your computer has (i.e. for games etc) its worth using bootcamp since you won't be running Mac OS and an emulator as well as windows.

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2008
To the best of my knowledge Parallels makes better use of your computers power. Just buy one of these (or trial) and follow the instructions, its pretty easy.

Vmware has been better for me both in terms of performance and compatibility with Windows systems

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.