Running out of RAM issue! PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Billy95Tech, May 7, 2014.

1. Billy95Tech Suspended

I have been having RAM problems with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 and only has 1GB of ram before it ran very fast and no lags and had about over 20% to 50% most of the time in my RAM booster app.

But now most of the time it is always around 10% less than free 100 MB of 1GB of RAM and it is always laggy and buggy and every time i go out of a app i have to WAIT to for the home sceens to reload again and i never had this problem before.

It is fast when i restart the tablet and get back to normal but i don't really want to do that every time.

I have been uninstalling apps and have about 1.2GB of storage space but that don 't make a diffrence.

When i do a full RAM boost it only goes up to about 15/18% and after it goes down very fast and i have tried task killers but i don't know if they are working or not.

This is getting very annoying and i need to get this RAM issue fixed and get it back to normal and the factory reset is not a option as i can't bothered to install all of the apps again.!!

Can someone help me please? Will installing a launcher fix the RAM issue? What is the best RAM booster?

2. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

Well first thing I'd do if you're running touch wiz is to try Nova Launcher instead.

Aside from that, given apps are getting more demanding and always in sync services hog resources, you might be stuck - especially if you're against a wipe or even custom ROMs.

3. viskon macrumors 6502

Did you check to see which app or apps is hogging the memory?

If the issue is with Touchwiz, have you tried rooting and installing a custom rom like Cyanogenmod? You can back up your apps with Titanium Backup and reinstall them after you install a new rom.

4. Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

How do i see which app is hogging the memory?

----------

Ok i might try installing a launcher.

I think i agree the apps are getting more demanding and RAM hungry as time goes on.

When i get the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 in a couple of days hopefully it won't have the same RAM problem because it has 2GB of RAM and it will be a BEAST of a tablet. :)