Running out of Stock

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sirmausalot, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

Okay, it looked like the re-resellers (ie scalpers) were out of luck but it now looks like many places are running low, if not out, of stock on the iPad (3rd gen) Anyone have a sense if the resale market is going to be a reality this time?

2. TheMiz macrumors member

I doubt it. Apple.com is gearing up for reserve in store again according to the website. Yesterday it was sold on a first come first served basis now it has the option of store pickup. Walmart.com has them every couple hours for shipping. 2-3 weeks isnt a long time to wait if you order directly from Apple. I think the secondary market for iPad 2 is bigger right now.

I am still on the fence whether to buy one. Descions!

3. Chairman.Jobbie macrumors 6502

Was checking the reserve & pick up option and found this for Regent Street, London store. Looks the same for all London stores....

Anyone brought from Regent St or London today or yesterday?

[​IMG]

4. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

In canada the apple website says 2-3 weeks for shipping. I was in my local store earlier today and the ipad was in stock.

5. Chairman.Jobbie macrumors 6502

Im pretty sure they have alot of stock so this reserve facility is not necessary.. I check alot of stores around the country and all of them have all options "unavailable"... Highly unlikely they are out of stock of every model in every store i checked.

6. Epictatus macrumors newbie

I ordered the new iPad on March 12. At that time it said delivery would occur in 2-3 weeks. My order status later said it would ship on April 2 and arrive by April 9.

On Sunday morning, March 18, I was notified that it had shipped and that I should expect delivery on March 23.

Cheers

7. OSMac macrumors 65816

Was just out looking for a case.

Apple store is selling by reservations now only.
    Bestbuy had only 2 left, both 32GB Wifi.

Was surprised, looks like at least around here we will soon have sellers market.