General Running redsn0w on Linux - Possible?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AppleRob., Jan 4, 2013.

1. AppleRob. macrumors newbie

Title says it all really, is it possible to run redsn0w on Linux and how would i do it? :)

I'm on the iPod Touch 4G iOS6 Tethered jailbreak and i often need to reboot my device completely because the battery may have run out or it may have got stuck in a 'Restart springboard' process.

But more importantly i really need to boot up my iPod right this second. I'm trying to install the Lima Cydia alternative but an entire reboot is required. Obviously i cannot do this because then i'll have a useless device. Yes i do have the semi-tether tweak but this doesn't enable the important jailbreak tweaks.

Clearly i do not have my Windows computer with me at the moment, but i do have an Ubuntu laptop which i carry absolutely everywhere. Wherever i go, the laptop goes, so it would make sense to have redsn0w on here to use when i'm out and about.

So far i've installed Wine and have got the redsn0w program working, but my device isn't recognised so i cannot do a boot just yet.

The Ubuntu operating system does recognise the device though, so it's probably a problem with the way the device is mounted or something like that.

Any ideas? (The quicker the better, i want to give Lima a go. ;))

2. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Try installing iTunes with Wine and see if that makes it recognize it.