Running short of space

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nychot, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

My 16gb ipad3 has just 1.5gb of space left. I have apps, browser links, pix etc...whats best to delete?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Browser links take almost no space, so deleting them won't help. If you have any graphics intensive games, those are the biggest space hogs. Also, do you have any videos (movies, tv shows, podcasts) on your iPad? If so, delete those. Pictures, copy them off to a computer, and then you can delete them from your iPad.

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Movies take up the most space, so I would start there. Then look at the apps, there are probably a few you don't really use on a regular basis.

5. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

with your iPad plugged into your computer in iTunes, look how much "Other" space is. if it has grown to larger than 3GB, you should think about resetting it to factory and manually reloading only what you need back onto it.

having an iPad 2 16GB, i knew how quickly i would run out of space, hence why i bit the bullet and paid the extra $100 for 32GB. do i cringe at paying $100 for $5 worth of extra memory - of course. am i glad every day that i did? of course

6. SunnyStudioNeo macrumors regular

Delete the games that took more that 200 MB first.

7. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

If you are jailbroken, try iwipe. It's kind of an odd tweak, but it freed up 5 gigs on my 32gb iPad 3 without me deleting a single thing.

8. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Games take a LOT of space. Look under applications in settings and it lists the memory it takes.

9. dancj macrumors 6502

If you go to Settings/General then it will show you a breakdown of what is using your space under Storage. The young can see what the offending apps are.