running slow after wake up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SDAVE, Sep 23, 2011.

1. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Have the new MBP 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM. I only have Google Chrome and iTunes running usually. I close heavy applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator before closing the lid.

Sometimes when I wake it up, some functions such as switching desktops (Lion) and opening new tabs, folders etc. are slow for about 10 seconds. Then it goes back to normal. I don't think it's the RAM as 4GB is way more than enough for such simple functions. I had the 2008 Unibody MBP before this and it had no such issues.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

ive only ever had lion so i cant compare, but ive seen about 10 "slow" threads in the last week on here and its always Lion was the likely answer

3. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Is it a wifi issue? When you open it, is the wifi searching to connect during that slow period?

4. SDAVE thread starter macrumors 68040

SDAVE

It seems to be a Lion issue, cuz I had Snow Leopard on my other MBP (2008) and I have never had such an issue! I don't want to downgrade to SL since I don't have the disc near me (I'm out of the country) and I kind of like some of the features of Lion.

It always tries to connect again when I open the lid. It does not connect instantly. Snow Leopard and prior versions would already be connected when I open it. Not sure if the slowdown has anything to do with WiFi...