Running software on Mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sunny7, Mar 5, 2013.

1. sunny7 macrumors newbie

hi guys,

our friend has a mac and we would like to give him a new software as a present, but we don't know if it is working on a mac. It's a normal exe. Do you have any experience with this application on a mac?

2. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

No .exe files will run on Mac natively. There are ways to circumvent this, such as WINE or running Windows in Parallels or bootcamp, but those are fairly involved/high maintenance. So, the answer is no.

3. simsaladimbamba

Since it is an .exe file, it is only working with Windows.

4. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I beat simsaladimbamba! Life goal achieved.

5. simsaladimbamba

There is still Mister GGJstudios to beat, but then again, I am hardly posting nowadays anyway.

6. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Yeah, only 22.62 Posts per day. :mad:

7. simsaladimbamba

That is just a statistical element calculated from all the posts I made since me registering as simsaladimbamba. I have not made 226 posts in the last ten days, and I also ha d a daily post rate of 30 or so at some time listed on my profile and I had days with posting 100 and more posts. Nowadays I am just too tired to post that much, my arms want to rest since carrying Easy Lifts on my shoulders.

8. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I know.
    100 posts is pretty crazy.

Why is the icon that shows whether you are online always off? This one: [​IMG]

9. sunny7 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. simsaladimbamba

It can happen easily if some new product Apple releases is talked about ad nausea or if there is one thread, where extensive help is needed and the posts just fly back and forth or if a battery "malfunctions" while a "virus" deletes all the data, that has never been backed up before and all the other things, data recovery does not cover (waiting for a spammer to post a spam most in some months due to those keywords).
    [​IMG]

11. skippymac macrumors 6502a

skippymac

I'm wondering why you want to use an application to download images from google search?

You can just click 'view original image' and then right click>save as, or drag to desktop.