Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Running The Sims 2 in windowed mode?

CDailey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Florida
Is it possible? I run WoW in windowed mode so I can still IM and check thottbot.com or wowhead.com , and I would like to run Sims 2 in windowed mode as well, but as far as I can tell there is not an option for windowed mode. Is there a way I can force it to run in windowed mode?

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
Surprised this wasn't answered.

Yes, there is a way. While you double click the Sims 2 icon, hold down the Apple (Command ⌘) key. It should bring up a dialog asking if you want windowed or full screen mode.

Comment

engles

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
Surprised this wasn't answered.

Yes, there is a way. While you double click the Sims 2 icon, hold down the Apple (Command ⌘) key. It should bring up a dialog asking if you want windowed or full screen mode.

yes thank you....

Comment

Taxgeek

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2008
Not working?

Hi.
Does this work on Leopard? it doesn't seem to work for me.
Thanks!
Taxgeek

Comment

mrwindup

macrumors member
May 12, 2008
This is great. I love to multi-task while I'm living a second virtual life where I also multi-task.

Comment

Lexycon

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
This isn't working for me. I'd like to know if there was another solution if at all possible.

Thanks. Lexy.

Comment

TheDiamondDuck

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2015
What you can do is once you open your game launcher, their is a button next to "Launch Game" with a settings logo on it click it, then click fullscreen.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.