Running + Watch + Workout App + Music =fail

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eastamherstbias, May 5, 2015.

1. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

For all those hours that the super model trained for her marathon. You would think they would have made the workout app not suck.

Issues-
    After a run you should be able to change the distance. I ran on a measured course for 5 miles and it logged 4.9. There is no way to change it to 5. So I lost .1. This will get old fast. The Nike Iphone App will let you adjust after the run.

Secondly you should be able to when you start the workout app on the watch pick a music playlist along with give verbal cues as you run.

The heart rate monitor was way off, As I got faster my heart rate decreased. I am going to have the watch be one notch tighter to see if that fixes it.

So basically at this time, I need to start the Nike App on my phone and also be running the workout app as well. Or just give up on the workout app.

Next-The workout app needs to be able to have music controls so you can go to the next song. Right now I have to swipe around to glances and then to music player as you are running. This whole process is not fluid at all.

It was like no runners who have had garmins or the nike app were used when creating the running aspect of this watch.

2. dandrewk macrumors 6502

... and yet, the vast majority of runners in this forum and in various runner's magazines have given the activity apps on the watch thumbs up. Are they all wrong?

3. H3rman macrumors 6502

Just wondering, if you are using bluetooth headphones with inline controls (like the Powerbeats 2), can you not use that to change to the next track? Wonder if that was their intention, where you need heaphones with inline controls to take full advantage of changing songs while running?

4. dandrewk macrumors 6502

Or, just double click the crown to go directly to the last active app.

Or, change the settings to have the last used app to always be the default.

It's amazing how problems can be solved with rtfm.

5. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

The OP is correct, whether you have the setting to show the last used app or not, it's a damn inconvenience to start double clicking/swiping to change the music. When a workout is started, the music controls should be easily accessible just like how all other workout apps has music controls.

I am sure Apple is aware of this issue and hope they have a fix coming.