Running Weird!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ginnylou, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Ginnylou macrumors newbie

So my mac is running a little funny. Such as when I turn it on it stays on the loading screen for awhile and just recently it goes blue before being able to function. Then it takes time for functions to start working, such as being able to click things and they open.
    I have tired the following already:

Shift ,Control, Options, Power- Helped a little a first but went back to being stupid

Command C While turning on- Did the whole /sbin/fsck-fy thing and it repaired something then rebooted

Checking the Activity Monitor but I do not understand how to pick out the problem program. But there is something running funny I just can't figure it out. I attached a screen shot of it.

Also I have recently back up my stuff on a external hard drive, if that helps with any thing.

This is my computer for school and I need it functioning normally as soon as possible!

Attached Files:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Could you please post a screen shot with the CPU column sorted the other way?

3. Ginnylou thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That is rather odd. kernel task shouldn't take up that much. Are you copying files over a network or doing anything? Does this high usage persist after a restart?

5. Ginnylou thread starter macrumors newbie

no, at that point all I had on was a card game and safari. And I have restarted it like 5 million times. Also I just unplugged my mac around 5pm and it was at 100% I came back like just 5mins ago and it was completely dead! It has never died like that before on me.