Running Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.7.5 in VMware 7 retina display issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by michelle123456, Jan 1, 2015.

1. michelle123456 macrumors newbie

Hi. I'm running Windows 7 in VMware Fusion 7 on my new macbook pro with Yosemite.
    (I have a second virtual machine with an older version of Mac os 10.7.5). Both virtual machines have the same problem. They're very blurry.
    I've spent some time with the VMware support people but they weren't able to help me fix the problem. I think Windows and the older Mac os just aren't playing nice with the new retina display.

I just came across an app called "Retinizer" which I used in Yosemite to help resolve my issue with an old version of office. It worked great, but it seems to work for mac applications only. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to resolve the problem for the Windows os?

I'm far from a technical guru so dumbed down language for lay people or specific instructions would be very helpful. Thanks!

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Windows 7 in VMware worked nicely with my retina display You just have to set the scaling from within Windows to 200%.

Windows 8.1 has far better support for HiDPI displays though.