Running Windows 7 on my imac via bootcamp2.0

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by wickiwicki, Jan 30, 2010.

1. wickiwicki macrumors newbie

Hey all,
    so im trying to install windows 7 on my mac.
    i read a lot about it online but i still have a few questions about bootcamp.
    i have osx leopard 10.5, and bootcamp 2.0.
    my question is, can i install windows 7 with bootcamp 2.0 or do i need bootcamp 3.0 or 3.1 to install windows 7 successfully? and if so how/where do i download them from? and do i install them before installing windows 7? or after, through windows?

thanks in advance any help is much appreciated
    -wicki

2. wickiwicki thread starter macrumors newbie

fyi, it worked fine, only problem now is getting windows 7 to detect my bluetooth keyboard and mouse... working on that one

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Dont know about 10.5 but on my IMac with Snow Leo, 7 works great. The new BC3.1 solved the waking up from sleep issue.

4. berrykerry789 macrumors newbie

well, u could ask someone to lend you a snow leopard dvd, or you could get the drivers from a torrent :D... thats what i did since i didn't feel like upgrading to snow leopard yet.

5. wickiwicki thread starter macrumors newbie

which drivers are you referring to? the ones that come with bootcamp 3.0 and 3.1?

6. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I'm assuming he's talking about the Boot Camp drivers that are on the DVD (3.0), because you'd need those in the first place before installing the 3.1 update. But that's pretty retarded because Snow Leopard is $29. Save yourself the hassle and just buy it.