running Windows on Pro

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Safa1, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Safa1 macrumors newbie

I am new to Mac - just got Macbook pro with 8 gig (2.6 ghz core i5). Wondering if I have enough ram to run windows as a parallel - prefer to do that than use Bootcamp as I want to be able to switch easily, without rebooting. But speed was the main reason I dumped my Dell/Window and I don't want to slow down. Typically have Chrome+ several Office apps running, and like to use Windows for a few Pc-centric ones ( Like Fidelity trading software). My free Ram is usually under 2 gig ( out of 8) - Can I do this without slowing down one or both sides?

2. cbautis2 macrumors 6502a

I have Windows Server 2012 R2 with all of the Metro Apps and games running (Adera Lite, Jetpack Joyride, Pinball FX2) (1 GB RAM assigned) + Windows XP (384 MB RAM assigned) all running at the same time with OS X 10.8.5 with spotify, mail app, iTunes, 5 tab chromes browser on a 2011 13" MBA 1.6 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB Flash and everything is buttery smooth and no slow down at all. Your MBP shouldn't even break a sweat with running multiple VMs especially with that 8 GB RAM.