Running Windows XP on iMac, also utilizing Windows 2000 Word?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MacLady54, Jun 28, 2012.

1. MacLady54 macrumors newbie

Ok, I am a total noob when it comes to this stuff and I apologize in advance for 1) Posting a thread that perhaps has been dealt with before and 2) Not necessarily being able to give good info when asked questions. BUT I will try. Please move my thread if necessary, I guess.

I'm looking to purchase a 21.5" iMac in the next year or so, but I have a unique situation. I originally wanted to run Windows 2000 (using Bootcamp, I imagine...still researching all of that crap) but as I saw that was impossible, Windows XP will work. However, I am wanting to run Microsoft Word 2000? I believe? (might be 97, I will confirm) via Windows XP. I have a cd that will load the earlier version of Word onto an XP computer, so my question is- can I use Bootcamp to boot Windows XP but still somehow install this earlier version of Word on there?

If you need me to clarify my question, please let me know. Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. I know, I know, why the crap am I trying to use ancient Microsoft versions? I am a medical transcriptionist and I have found that the earlier versions of Word offer just what I need in the way of automatic text (I type repetitive stuff all the time) and anything beyond this particular version messes with this feature in a way that won't help in my job. So I neeeed to stick with this. I currently am using a Windows 2000 desktop comp, but I would love to upgrade to a Mac that I can use for both work and play with a partitioned drive or whatever.

2. catroom macrumors newbie