Running with iPhone save watch's battery??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AppleJuiceBox, Apr 29, 2015.

1. AppleJuiceBox macrumors member

after watching the Wall Street review and reading some comments on this forum which mentioned that working out kill the battery (by 30% from what inread off you guys), I got a little worried since I like to run about 4km a day.

Got me thinking, if I would carry my iPhone with me, you it help the battery of the watch? Also, would it be more precise with distances and so on?

It would be really cool for someone that has the watch to try a run with and without iPhone to compare.

2. ohaishawnn macrumors member

I don't see how running with your iPhone versus without it would change the battery usage of your watch.

3. AppleJuiceBox thread starter macrumors member

Then why is it loosing so much battery (allegedly)?

My reasoning was that instead of trying to figure out your location on its own, it will have the iPhone do it for it which I thought would help the battery life....would it though?

4. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

It only kills the battery if you turn on the exercise app. Yesterday I turned it on, and pulled up my watch a little. The lights were flashing non-stop. I think that's the reason it drains the battery at an alarming rate.

It's 9:23PM and I'm at 17% (strapped it on at 6AM). My watch would have 40% if I didn't start the app up today. I like the activity rings, but I'm going to stop using the exercise app.

5. omegis83 macrumors 6502

omegis83

[​IMG]

If battery life is a concern when using the Workout app, you do have the Power Saving Mode available.