Running with the iPhone 6..

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RWil85, Sep 6, 2015.

1. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

Anyone run with the 6?

I have a Mophie Juice Pack Plus on mine at all times that I'd like to not have to remove every time I run.

Is there a product out there (armband/belt) that anyone here uses and swears by?

Thanks.

2. hagr182 macrumors regular

Fellow runner here... I have a 6 plus with a big case and I swear by this:
    https://flipbelt.com/

The flipbelt fits my phone, wallet, gels and keys with no problems and it doesn´t bounce or move around at all!!

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

My wife and I are going to start exercising/running once our third baby is born today (she's laboring in delivery now!) and I've been wondering what to put my 6 Plus in. I've added that to my Amazon wish list. Thanks!

4. hagr182 macrumors regular

Glad I could be of assistance! and congratulations on your new baby!!

5. RWil85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright, thanks for the info. Wondering what other users hear might be taking in runs.

Was up reading last night - ended up ordering a Spi-Belt. Similar idea.

Will see what the deal is tmrw when it comes and the flipbelt will be the first thing I look at if it's not working out..

Congrats!

6. hagr182 macrumors regular

this spibelt? http://www.spibelt.com/

I had that before my flipbelt, it´s boss for smaller iphones and gels and stuff, but (at least on my case) the 6 plus is not only a tight fit, it bounces A LOT. I found that rather annoying and ended up using the flip belt instead. I kept the spibelt for when I don´t take my phone (AGAIN, spibelt is a boss product, just not my cup of tea for my 6 plus).

7. RWil85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes.

They've made a new one with a Large pocket that's supposed to fit either the 6/6+ with a large case on it. So, I ordered it through Amazon. People said it should fit a device that large with a key, gel, etc. Will see how it goes.

I'm worried about the 6 in the Mophie case bouncing - but, the site and reviewers say that, if worn correctly, it shouldn't.

8. ruffage macrumors member

I run with a 5S in a spibelt, and it doesn't bounce at all. I'll be upgrading to a 6S later this month and was worried about the fit. However it's the same size as a Samsung S4 which I also have, and that fits in okay (just).
    You'd really want to put it in then put the belt on, else it'll be difficult to get to. Not a problem if controlling the phone using an Apple Watch or wireless buds though.

9. RWil85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just got my SpiBelt in today - iPhone 6 with a big Mophie battery case on it.

I actually got the one with the Large Pocket. Am going running later tonight - will post back how it goes.

I've never had the original SpiBelt - so, can't compare yet as to what's better for this size device (original vs. large pocket). At first glance the Large seems to leave some room (which is probably good for car key, snack, cash, etc) - but, I'm hoping it won't allow the phone to sag/twist/bounce. Hopefully, if snugged up enough it won't have the room to move.

Will post later.

10. RWil85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok -

Went for a short 2 mile run last night with the large Spibelt with my iPhone 6 and car key in the pocket.

1. Will never run with anything in the phone pocket again - esp not a key. Scratched my case up after one use - would destroy it eventually. (Spibelt sells a double pocket version but not with a large pocket - would love to know how my iPhone 6 would fit into the regular sized pocket on that one.)

2. Large pocket is great. The phone didn't bounce while running - however, the iPhone 6 (even in a big Mophie case) did have the room to shift and slide around the pocket a bit during my run. (Found this only to be a sight annoyance, wouldn't call it a deal breaker - BUT I found that the inside of the zipper on the spibelt also left some nice micro-scratches on my Mophie. It would certainly prove to look awful over time - anyone else comment on this?)

3. After seeing the zipper scratch the case - makes me wonder if something zipper-less like a flipbelt would be better. (Don't know if I'm being ocd about the spibelt zipper scratching the case - but, I'd rather my device not look like total crap. I could probably throw it in a plastic bag (?) - but that could be annoying every time in and out, who knows)

11. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    I like running while holding my phone so I can watch my distance on my Sportstracker app. Maybe one day I'll get an apple watch or a band that can measure it so I don't have to do that. I've been using the otterbox commuter case. I'd like to get something that feels safer to hold, but isn't annoying to take the phone in and out of.