running with the iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by notwist, May 1, 2007.

1. notwist macrumors regular

I have an 80gig iPod. My sister has a nano and she takes it with her whenever she runs. I was wondering, is it safe to run with my iPod on a daily basis? Or does the fact that it has a bigger hard drive make it a 'no go'?

2. JDN macrumors 6502a

Nano is a solid state flash drive. 80Gb is a hard drive with moving parts. I wouldn't like to run with it everyday. Might start skipping and the HD failure.

3. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

you can do it, but it is more likely to have an issue -moving parts mixed with moving parts - that is why the non-moving part iPods (shuffle, nano) are deemed better for exercise as only the person has the moving parts.

So the answer is yes - you can do it, but at your own risk. Some here do it with HD based iPods - maybe they can chime in.

4. allenmertes macrumors member

I run with mine everyday, but I hold it in my hand. I would not be comfortable with it bouncing around in my pocket.

5. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I mountain bike all the time with mine in my pocket. Probably gives it a good bit of jostling. Works fine.

6. USMaC macrumors member

USMaC

I used to run with my 4G iPod before I got my Shuffle and then Nano. It worked fine if I held it in my hand, but froze up on me when I tried wearing it on my waist.