Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derbothaus

macrumors 601
Jul 17, 2010
Computers and conservatism is oxymoronic. You can't really be scared of progress and instead turn to technology for comfort. It make'a no sense:confused:
Progressive geeks made this stuff. But that's cool. We should all give props to atheist/gay/punk/geeks that built the economy conservatives leech off.
If conservatives built the early computers we'd all be running them off oil anyway.

lampliter

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
Where`s your sense of humour guys? Can`t believe you managed to make this crazy thread political. There was some funny stuff in here, and now:(

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
Rush is, like many men, a great philosopher whose ideas don't work nearly as well in practice. Lots of valid criticism, too few solutions from the right.

Maybe we could use you in the political threads here. We conservatives are outnumbered.

Luckily votes aren't counted by the number of people whining loudly about things. I don't think you are outnumbered. ;)

Computers and conservatism is oxymoronic. You can't really be scared of progress and instead turn to technology for comfort. It make'a no sense:confused:
Progressive geeks made this stuff. But that's cool. We should all give props to atheist/gay/punk/geeks that built the economy conservatives leech off. If conservatives built the early computers we'd all be running them off oil anyway.

I know what you mean, but believe me the world is not that black-and-white. Don't stereotype "left and right"... it's disastrous.

cohen777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Rush should be on Apple's board

If Apple was really about "Think Different," then Rush would be invited to serve on Apple's Board (or at least do a commercial for the Mac).

Think about it.

mopppish

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2005
Rush is, like many men, a great philosopher whose ideas don't work nearly as well in practice.

Yep. Calling a woman a slut for speaking in support of insurance coverage for contraception regardless of an employer's moral objections. That's some deep philosophical ***** right there.
Or an arrogant, judgmental, finger-wagging gasbag spouting off insults for attention. I always get the two confused...

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
Yep. Calling a woman a slut for speaking in support of insurance coverage for contraception regardless of an employer's moral objections. That's some deep philosophical ***** right there.
Or an arrogant, judgmental, finger-wagging gasbag spouting off insults for attention. I always get the two confused...

Pick your worst moment, and I'm sure we'd think as much about you (or about me, or anyone).

I happen to support the girl's stance, by the way. Get past your divisiveness and we might be able to fix this country.

Demigod Mac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
Is there an audio clip of this?

I have this morbid desire to feel what it's like listening to Rush saying things that I agree with. :)

mopppish

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2005
Pick your worst moment, and I'm sure we'd think as much about you (or about me, or anyone).

I happen to support the girl's stance, by the way. Get past your divisiveness and we might be able to fix this country.

My worst moments are not broadcast across the country.
If they were, I would feel compelled to legitimately, sincerely, humbly apologize for them on a daily basis.
I don't see how me feeling that way is "divisive". I just think he's a jerk. There are a lot of jerks in the world. I just wish he was less of one since he has somehow put himself in a position to influence the minds of thousands upon thousands of people. Why couldn't he be more like a conservative Gandhi?

Occamsrazr

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2012
mmm... boy I do love it when liberals engage in that civil dialogue they are always haranguing conservatives about

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
mmm... boy I do love it when liberals engage in that civil dialogue they are always haranguing conservatives about

I don't speak on behalf of liberals. I just don't like the guy.

*shrug*

Plus, it was a bit of a joke. I see that you have that typical conservative sense of humor.....

Derpage

Suspended
Mar 7, 2012
Yes, lets generalize each side in order to make ourselves feel more secure in our political positions, that will fix everything. Somewhere somebody is keeping track and with just a few more comments made on the internets, they will wave their magic wand and all will be better. That's how it works....right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.